[ltp] recovery partition

Wolf Wiegand linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:05:58 +0200

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 12:44:08PM -0400, James Knott wrote:

> I get the impression, that the policy varies by country.  For example,
> I'm in Canada and was told that my copy was free, because, at that time,
> my computer was still under warranty.  But some in other countries said
> they weren't free.

Anybody have experiences on this matter in Germany? Maybe even with a
Thinkpad not under warranty anymore? I don't really mind having lost
the ability to restore Windows, but I kinda liked the 'Thinkpad Access
Area'(?), but managed to kill that, too, and would like to get it back
again :-)

regards, Wolf
--
Büroschimpfwort des Tages: Abteilungssirene - Sekretärin mit sehr
durchdringender Stimme. (Ralf Schulz)