[ltp] [FIXED] trackpoint no longer working

Nils Trebing linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:14:52 +0200

--------------enig064879DF80A9E54919782D84

Stephen Evanchik schrieb:
> echo adds a newline to the end of every line which is invalid, use
> echo -n instead or use sysfsutils (I think there are scripts to write
> values to sysfs files in the test subdirectory).

Thank you very much, this works indeed! However, it seems difficult to
me to automate this, since each time the psmouse module is unloaded and
reloaded, the name of the serioxx directory inside the
/sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/ directory increases by 1. For
example, now I am at serio26. So, a install command in
/etc/modprobe.conf which would automatically echo different values into
some files inside this directory after loading the module would have to
take into account this fact. Have you got an idea how this problem could
be solved?

TIA,
Nils