[ltp] Strange automatic resume from supend to ram (APM)

Wolf Wiegand linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:50:48 +0200

Hallo Georg,

On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 02:03:58PM +0200, Georg Sauthoff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using APM at my R40 thinkpad since 2.4 kernels and it just worked.
> I.e. suspend-to-ram and suspend-to-disk worked fine.
>
> But with Kernel > 2.6.11 I get strange results. After suspending to RAM
> it seems that the thinkpad sleeps for 1-2 minutes and then resumes
> without user interaction automatically.

Sorry, I cannot confirm this behaviour with my R40 and kernel 2.6.12.
Suspending to RAM works fine (except for the high power drain). Maybe
you can try my kernel configuration, which can be found here:
http://www.kondancemilch.de/config-2.6.12-rc5

Maybe some weird process is responsible for the wake up. Did you try to
stop pretty much all processes (except for basic stuff like exim/acpid/
syslog/cron) and the put the computer to sleep? Same problem?

regards,

Wolf
--
Büroschimpfwort des Tages: Halbhirn - Servicemitarbeiter eines großen
Telekommunikationsunternehmens, weil sich dort Gerüchten zufolge immer 2