[ltp] Vertical refresh rate at VGA out

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 15:10:53 -0400

On 7/24/05, Georg Sauthoff <gsauthof@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I use xorg > 6.8 [1] at my thinkpad R40 and it works. But now I want to
> attach an external monitor to the vga output.
>=20
> This works too, but the monitor is at 60Hz - which sucks. It does DDC
> (Samtron 96P).
>=20
> I tried some "Screen_foo" LeftOf "Screen_bar" construct and the
> 'MergedFB' mode.
>=20
> From the Xorg.0.log I get this:
> (II) RADEON(0): Secondary:
>  Monitor   -- NONE
>  Connector -- Proprietary
>  DAC Type  -- TVDAC/ExtDAC
>  TMDS Type -- NONE
>  DDC Type  -- NONE
>=20
> AFAIR Xfree worked[2] with a similiar setup at this thinkpad - I don't us=
> this feature frequently, and when you cannect it to a beamer you don't
> notice it because a beamer is fine with 60Hz.
>=20
> Does anyone has a working Dual-Head setup with a Radeon 7500 and Xorg?
> What version of Xorg do you use?
>=20

you'll probably have to force the monitor type using the monitorlayout
option.  Also if it can't detect the monitor info via DDC, you may
have to specify hsync and vrefresh values either using the crt2hsync
and crt2vrefresh options (if you are using mergedfb), or with the
hsync and vrefresh options in the monitor section of your config file.

Alex