[ltp] R50e - problems with external monitor

Boris Gorelik linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:35:10 +0300

[crossposted here and at alt.os.linux.mandrake . summary will be posted to
both places]

Hello all.
I've purchased a brand new ThinkPad r50e (1834-PTG).  I immediately
installed Mandriva2005 LE on it. Everything went OK, except for one
annoying problem: there is an option to use the laptop monitor, an external
monitor and both. The combination Fn+F7 is supposed to rotate between three
options. It works fine in Windows, but not in linux: here I have only two
switching to the external monitor results in a black screen. I can see the
mouse pointer, and nothing else. More than that, switching back to the
laptop monitor doesn't trigger the external monitor to the sleep mode. The
switching works fine when not working in X (Alt-Ctr-F1). It works fine in
MandrakeMove10.1 and during the installation of Mandriva2005. My xorg.conf
can be seen here: http://bgbg_bg.fastmail.fm/xorg.conf

Can anyone give me a hint on what's going on?

Thank you

PS. I tried to replace the /etc/X11/xorg.conf with /etc/X11XFConfig-4 from
Mandrakemove. I needed to replace the line :
Driver "Keyboard"
with
Driver "kdb"
(as described here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/slackware%40kurtwerks.com/msg00089.html
That did not solve the problem.
--
Boris Gorelik

-=  =-
 Molecular Modeling and Drug Design Group
 Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Natural Products
 School of Pharmacy, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
 http: // www.md.huji.ac.il/models/group.html
 Tel: (972)(2)6757351