[ltp] OT Thunderbird woes

Sebastian Anding linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 13:57:02 +0200

Hi,

Crispian Thorne wrote:

> On my desktop box certain messages (about 25%) seem to cause T'bird to
> just disappear when I click to select them in the list. No warning,
> nothing, just gone. It reopens fine, but clicking on the same message
> makes it disappear again.
>
> I can't seem to find any link between the emails that make it do this,
> but most of them seem to be to this list, and I've checked the Process
> table and when I've restarted T'Bird it's not running multiple times, in
> fact it would seem that it doesn't close, it's just the desktop window
> that goes away. It's got me stumped- anyone else seeing this weird
> behaviour?
>
> Running Libranet 3.0 (Debian-based), KDE 3.3.2 and T'Bird version 1.0.2
> (20050602).

On my gentoo box thunderbird 1.0.2 was always crashing when a mail was
signed. So I looked in the X.0.log and eingmail was the part of
Thunderbird crashing it. A workaround was to disable the automatically
decrypt/verify Messages Option of enigmail. So you will be able to read
the mails.
If you can update your Thunderbird to 1.0.5. This version is doing
really fine over here.

Greetings Sebastian