[ltp] Strange automatic resume from supend to ram (APM)

Carlos Maldonado linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:58:10 -0400

Georg Sauthoff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using APM at my R40 thinkpad since 2.4 kernels and it just worked.
> I.e. suspend-to-ram and suspend-to-disk worked fine.
>
> But with Kernel > 2.6.11 I get strange results. After suspending to RAM
> it seems that the thinkpad sleeps for 1-2 minutes and then resumes
> without user interaction automatically.
>
> Does anyone have experienced some similiar behaviour?
>
> I can reproduce it like that:
> - press Fn+F4
> - tp goes to suspend, the LED-moon gets on
> - stay away from keyboard
> - after max 2 Minutes tp suspends automatically

I have had that happened on the X40, strange thing, it doesn't happen
when the I close the lid everything goes fine, as long as most of the
modules are rmmod'ed from the system with the script that ACPI calls,
like usb, bluetooth, atheros and the such

I can send you a copy of the script directly upon demand, to avoid
trashing the list

Carlos Maldonado

> I upgraded from vanilla to vanilla kernel with make oldconfig.
>
> I upgraded mainly because of two problems with the 2.6.11 kernel:
> - after some resumes the eth0 interface blocks a few minutes. To work
>   around this I have to ping some computer a few times until a
>   'e100_watchdog' message appears in the kern.log
> - after a random number of successful resumes I get one resume where my
>   keyboard layout gets randomized. I.e. I get some 'unknown keycodes'
>   messages in the kernel-logs and e.g. 'enter' is then at 'a'

this has not happened to me, you could try upgrading the firmware,
there's some information about this at www.thinkwiki.org

regards

Carlos Maldonado