[ltp] Re: Strange automatic resume from supend to ram (APM)

Wolf Wiegand linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:31:32 +0200

On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 11:29:43PM +0200, Georg Sauthoff wrote:

> > Sorry, I cannot confirm this behaviour with my R40 and kernel 2.6.12.
> > Suspending to RAM works fine (except for the high power drain). Maybe
> > you can try my kernel configuration, which can be found here:
> > http://www.kondancemilch.de/config-2.6.12-rc5
>
> ok, I didn't test ACPI. I don't use ACPI because I am afraid of the
> often reported high power drain ;). I really like the high possible
> suspend times for traveling etc.
> To get suspend-to-ram working with ACPI, I only have to install the
> right kernel and the acpid and it should work?

You also need some scripts in /etc/acpi/, which (at least in Debian) I
couldn't find anywhere and so had to create them myself. I can put them
on my website if you (or anybody else) wants to have them.

> And btw what about suspend-to-disk and ACPI?  The last time I tried
> ACPI, the kernel had problems with some ACPI-table from the BIOS.

I haven't tried suspend-to-disk yet. The problems with the ACPI-table seem
to be fixed in 2.6.12

> At the moment I don't have the right idea how to debug this.

acpid is quite nice to debug since it does very verbose logging to
/var/log/acpid

Regards,

Wolf
--
Büroschimpfwort des Tages: Budgetbremse - Kollege, wegen dessen Unfähigkeit
der Etat zusammengestrichen wurde. (Sven-Lukas Müller)