[ltp] T42p and open source hardware accelerated OpenGL = SUCCESS

Kilian CAVALOTTI linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:41:15 +0200

David A. Desrosiers wrote:
>  1. Check out/update your local copy of Xorg from cvs
>  1. Build Xorg from cvs
>  2. Install that successful build
>  3. Check out/update your local copy of Mesa from cvs
>  4. Edit configs/linux-dri to remove mga and any other extra
>     drivers you don't want to build (in my case, MGA failed to
>     build which killed the rest that followed)
>  5. Check out r300_driver from cvs (the next step is important)
>  6. Copy the entire ./drm/ subdirectory from inside the r300
>     tree alongside the Mesa directory
>  7. Build Mesa
>  8. Install that successful build
>
>  Make sure radeon_dri.so, radeon_drv and the other bits are
> where you expect them to be, inside /usr/X11R6, and restart X.
>
>  That's all I had to do. Check out 3 trees, build, install.

Well, exactly the same here... What's your Radeon PCI ID, Thinkpad model ?
What's in the device section of your xorg.conf?
I'm sorry about asking all those questions, but I'm really amazed, since other
people here seems to get the same scores I get (about 1300fps), and I'm
wondering what can cause such a huge difference.

Regards,

--
Kilian CAVALOTTI     Ingénieur Systèmes & Réseaux
LIP6/IA - C870                          CNRS/UPMC