[ltp] T42p and open source hardware accelerated OpenGL = SUCCESS

Kilian CAVALOTTI linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:13:02 +0200

Paul RIVIER wrote:
> I'll never stress enought on it : glxgears *heavily* depends on CPU
> performances, as much as on GPU perfs. That is the worst 3D benchmark I
> now :)

Sure. But there, it's seems we run our glxgears on the same hardware, so even if
the figures have no absolute meaning, the differential measure should be
significant enough. And such a difference (about 100%) on the same harware is
weird, don't you think so?

--
Kilian CAVALOTTI     Ingénieur Systèmes & Réseaux
LIP6/IA - C870                          CNRS/UPMC