[ltp] EmulateWheelClickToo

Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:00:31 +0200

On Sat, Jul 23, 2005 at 16:09:20 +0200, Frank Dekervel|Smartlounge| wrote:
> hello,
>
> i'd like to mimic the old "scroll with the ibm trackpoint" feature with the
> Xorg drivers (EmulateWheel).
> it works perfectly, but when i enable emulation, i cannot use the third button
> to generate normal clicks anymore.
>
> on google i found some 2004 thread about "EmulatewheelClickToo" in xorg.conf,
> but it doesn't seem to work on my pc (i think it was a patch that never got
> incorporated in Xorg's tree).
>
> Does anybody know how to achieve this behaviour with the standard Xorg
> drivers ?

I use tpscroll for this. I will sit between the mouse device and the
Xserver (or between a gpm repeater and the Xserver), and produces the
corresponding scroll events. You get horizontal and vertical
scrolling if you move the trackpoint while pressing down the middle
button, while normal button clicks still work.

Regards,
Tino