[ltp] T42p and open source hardware accelerated OpenGL = SUCCESS

Paul RIVIER linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:55:53 +0200

Kilian CAVALOTTI wrote:

> Paul RIVIER wrote:
>
>> I'll never stress enought on it : glxgears *heavily* depends on CPU
>> performances, as much as on GPU perfs. That is the worst 3D benchmark I
>> now :)
>

> Sure. But there, it's seems we run our glxgears on the same hardware,
> so even if the figures have no absolute meaning, the differential
> measure should be significant enough. And such a difference (about
> 100%) on the same harware is weird, don't you think so?

I didn't notice that you own exactly the same hardware :)
 But, I mean, even s, your CPU frequency policy, your cpu usage, your
system load do impact heavily on the final figures.
Good luck, my Radeon 9600 gives me a poor 180 fps at glxgears (no DRI of
course) :)

Paul RIVIER