[ltp] Battery charging control ?

Jerome Poggi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 16:32:01 +0200

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Paul RIVIER wrote:
[...]
> Someone told me that windows can do this, but I don't have windows to
> check by myself.

I can confirm, but the last version of the windows driver is not
available on IBM site. The version, that can do this deep discharge, is
verion 0.30 and I can find only version 0.26.

I try the program (integrated in power manager driver) and it can do
some deep charge and discharge, but on the old battery, that I would
"regenerate" I didn't see any progress, it still only 5 minutes of
battery :-(

> Do you know if it is possible and how please ? should I inspect ecdumps ?
> My laptop is a T42.

I think, that the power supply hardware is manageable, but i never see
it on IBM site.

Jerome.

--
Jerome POGGI                                     Jerome.Poggi@hsc.fr
Herve Schauer Consultants   -=-   Network security consultant, CISSP