[ltp] A22p - 2.6 kernel with trackpoint,modem and pc speaker?

Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:30:16 -0400

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 15:55 +0100, Richard wrote:

> 2)The ltmodem driver. I used  http://ltmodem.heby.de/ last time, but
> there are no binary packages for the newer kernels.

It should build for 2.6 kernels.  You can build an RPM from the source
package (use "make rpm").  At least, it builds fine on my Thinkpads
running Fedora Core 3.

> 4)APM appears to have totally vanished from the mandrake kernels, even
> when booted with "ACPI=none". However, this laptop uses APM. Do I need to
> recompile it?

Does "apm=on acpi=off" help?

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/