[ltp] Weird screen artifacts, but only with vnc

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:22:27 -0400 (EDT)

> add these lines to your device config:
> XaaNoScanlineImageWriteRect
> XaaNoScanlineCPUToScreenColorExpandFill
>
> these XAA routines seems to cause problems when the dri is enabled
> on some r300 chips.

	Actually, with some more testing, I found the problem:

	Option          "SWCursor"

	When I remove/comment that line out, everything works great.

	Now if I could only figure out why it runs at 44C or higher
when I'm using the r300 driver. Its practically burning up my lap
(that, and the ongoing battery problems on the other two T23s).

	One bite at a time.. that's how you eat an elephant. One tweak
at a time and I'll have all of these little problems worked out.

David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com