[ltp] A22p - 2.6 kernel with trackpoint,modem and pc speaker?

Wed, 27 Jul 2005 23:28:42 +0100

Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV wrote:

>>2)The ltmodem driver. I used  http://ltmodem.heby.de/ last time, but
>>there are no binary packages for the newer kernels.
>

> It should build for 2.6 kernels.  You can build an RPM from the source
> package (use "make rpm").  At least, it builds fine on my Thinkpads
> running Fedora Core 3.

Thanks - will try.

>>4)APM appears to have totally vanished from the mandrake kernels, even
>>when booted with "ACPI=none". However, this laptop uses APM. Do I need to
>>recompile it?
>

> Does "apm=on acpi=off" help?

D'oh!  I was using acpi=none. Yes, thank you!

Also, the pc speaker aka system bell turns out to be very simple to fix:
	modprobe pcspkr
We can now enjoy the delights of the hardware bell. Which means that
bash beeping is no longer 1/4 second late!

However, I'm still having trouble with tp4d - it doesn't work, even when
I use Mandrake's package.

Richard