[ltp] R40e Getting ACPI and Keyboard to BOTH Work

David Powell (YANQ) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:47:55 +1000

Hi All,

I've got an R40e running Mandriva LE2005.  I've compiled a custom
kernel, and added the acpi patch so now most of the power stuff I use
works (auto shutdown, battery monitor, performance profiles etc).
Hibernate or standby don't seem to work, but that doesn't bother me (yet
anyway).

The problem now is the function (like brightness, monitor/lcd) and
volume keys don't work.

I've dug around the archives for this list on the net and it looks like
for this laptop it's one or the other - acpi or keys - bot not both.

But before I give up altogether, I wondered if anyone else with an R40e
was able to get both working at the same time (and how).  The main thing
I'm after is being able to control the screen (flip from external
monitor to lcd, reduce brightness etc etc.

Cheers,

David