[ltp] T42 and Debian Sarge

Eric Van Buggenhaut linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:44:59 +0200

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 06:47:12PM -0500, Josh Battles wrote:
> I've got a T42 (2373JTU) that I'm going to be installing Sarge on in the next
> few days and I was wondering if there was anything I needed to know to expect
> or any software that I should have on hand before I undertake this?  I'd like
> to install from the net install image and then download what I need via
> aptitude.
>
> I'd like to have to download as little as possible over a cable, so I'd like
> to get my wireless card up and running quickly.  I understand there to be a
> few different types of cards, which one(s) are the easy one(s) to get setup?
I have a T42 2378DXU running Debian Sarge.

Graphic card is ATI Technologies Inc RV350 [Mobility Radeon 9600 M10]

I ended up installing xorg drivers from Ubuntu Hoary, because nor
Xfree86 4.3.0 nor ATI proprietary drivers were doing fine (when you
try to get ACPI _and_ 3D working together things mess up). With X
6.8.2 things go smoothly.

I don't know about your WiFi card, mine is ipw2200.

Just my 2 cents.

--
"Un disco para gobernarlos a todos.
 Un disco para encontrarlos y atarlos en las tinieblas.

Eric VAN BUGGENHAUT
eric@sindominio.net