[ltp] ACPI S3 power drain and Thinkpad Wiki/radeonfb

Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:50:51 +0300

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 11:02:46PM +0100, honey@gneek.com wrote:
> Thus my questions about reducing power drain in S3 which I've nearly
> solved!  But I just can't figure out how to fix console resolution
> with radeonfb at boot time, if radeonfb is a module --preload'ed into
> the initrd, thus my last mail. *Someone* must have done it!

I haven't, but I'm pretty sure there is a way to pass arguments to
modules loaded from initrd.

I do not use Fedora myself, but in Debian/Ubuntu there's /etc/mkinitrd/modu=
les
where you can list modules you want loaded from the initrd, and you can
also specify module arguments.  Perhaps something like

  radeonfb mode_option=3D1024x767-24@60

would work.

I assume that Fedora has some way to specify module options for mkinitrd.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
MCSE =3D=3D Must Consult Someone Experienced

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH--