[ltp] After Resume with R51 model 2889

Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:03:40 -0400

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 19:15 +0200, John wrote:
> After Resume I want run Xtraceroute and I've this message :
> intelWaitIrq: drmI830IrqWait: -16

> and in /var/log/message :
> kernel: [drm:i915_wait_irq] *ERROR* i915_wait_irq: EBUSY -- rec: 0 emitted: 1

> I must kill X and restart X to works normaly !

What distribution / kernel / X are you running?

(And I think you'll find that *any* GL application will cause this error
after resume, and that some of them will lock your machine.)

Solving the problem will *probably* involve installing a newer X server
and the appropriate kernel module, but it's hard to say without more
info.

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/