[ltp] Re: USB not responding after sleep w/acpi

Joshua Kwan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 22:40:50 -0700

--------------enigDE620F0CE5DF00EF39402928

Hi John,

John Sullivan wrote:
> When I wake my X40 back up from acpi sleep, the USB ports stop responding. The
> devices that are plugged in no longer work, and the kernel does not produce any
> messages when devices are unplugged or plugged.
>
> I've tried restarting the hotplug services (I'm using Debian unstable), but
> that doesn't change anything. Removing the loaded USB modules and then
> modprobing them all again also doesn't seem to change anything. Of course if I
> reboot, everything's normal again.
>
> I'm using a 2.6.10 kernel.

Word has it that it's still a problem in 2.6.12, but in this case,
reloading the USB modules *will* work. Have you tried that? (apt-get
install linux-image-2.6.12-1-{yourvariant}.)

If you could confirm this with the Debian kernel image (or build one
yourself, if you like) then I'd like to know!

Thanks,

--
Joshua Kwan