[ltp] Selecting which battery to drain?

Mike Kershaw linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 20:45:50 -0400

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

> Interestingly, my T42 2378-JZM suffers from excessive battery drain when
> using S3. When I first started the machine (a week or so ago) it had the
> DVD/CD-RW drive in the ultrabay slim drive. Now, I can't get the system
> to recognise the presence of BAT1, even removing and re-inserting the

This is pretty well-known -- it's not powering off the ATI card while in
S3 properly.  Check out the wiki at thinkwiki.org for a patch.  You'll
need to enable the console framebuffer.

Works fine for me now, just remember to also unload the USB modules as
you suspend.

-m

--=20
TRANSLATE(:SITE,'pLA','Place','.')
returns the value 'pivAviskA LAk. pLA..'.
     -- IBM Db2 Server SQL Reference SC09-2404-00 pp. 138

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb--