[ltp] snd-intel8x0 module and sound problems

Ignacio Fernández Galván linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 04 Jun 2005 10:58:46 +0200

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 02:33:02 +0200, Osho GG wrote:

> I also noticed that I have to keep the following two muted in the kmix
> (or in
> alsamixer).
>
> Headphone Jack Sense
> Line Jack Sense
>
> As long as *both* of the above settings are muted, sound works fine. If I
> unmute any of these two; sound stops working. By sound stops working, I
> mean
> that mplayer, amarok etc. play songs just fine as if sound is working
> fine;
> however I do not hear any sound from the speaker.
>
> Any idea what is the problem?

The same happens here, and I've found many other messages out there in the
net saying the same thing. I don't know what are those settings supposed
to mean, maybe they're broken, just don't use them.

Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!
Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es