[ltp] T43p: Status Report and request for assistance

Maik Zumstrull linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:32:58 +0200 (CEST)

Tino Keitel wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 23:28:50 +0200, Maik Zumstrull wrote:
> > So I recently got myself the new T43p and wanted to Debianize it
> > immediately. Here's how it went:
> >
> > Installation
> > ------------
> >
> > debian-installer didn't work, neither out-of-the-box nor with some
> > fiddling. The reason: The HDD of the T43p is S-ATA, while the
> > CD-ROM is IDE. (Actually, I think it's a P-ATA HDD on the chipset's
> > S- ATA port via some adapter, but from the software POV, it's a S-
> > ATA device.)
>
> What exactly went wrong?

I couldn't get it to recognize the harddisk. I tried several
module combinations (basically, everything that I thought might make
sense). In most cases, only the CD-ROM was accessible; in some, not
even that.

If you have any specific combination you'd like me to test, drop me a
mail. I still have a debian-installer rc3 CD around; I can download the
final release as soon as it becomes available, too.