[ltp] Why do you love your ThinkPad?

Christopher Sawtell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 07 Jun 2005 17:42:56 +1200

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 16:35, Paul Cuciureanu wrote:
>  .. let's assume for a second, each of us is one of those people that keep
> ranting on forever about their computers, etc..
>
> Why do you Love your ThinkPad?
I have a 2 year and 3 moths old R40, which I have owned for about 9 months

It just works.
Having seen and heard about some stories about other Laptops that's No. 1.
I like its solid industrial design. I like the jet-black body.
I like the good contrast between the black body and keys and the white
lettering. It's easy to type on the keyboard. That's why I did not buy an
Apple iBook.

I like the TrackPoint mouse thingie, it's much easier than a track-pad.
The ThinkLight. I gave an illustrated talk the other day. Got plunged into
nearly total darkness. That light saved the evening.
I like the screen. It's easy to read.
Nice bag, and the R40 will fit in my breifcase if I don't want to carry a bag
which tells the whole world that I am carrying a laptop.

Everything, except the TV-output and playing certain DVDs, seems to work
pretty well under Linux. Even hibernation is going properly now.

Not sure if the internal modem works with the 2.6.11 / ..12 kernels. I have
not tried it recently.

I had to ring up IBM service a while ago, I spoke with intelligent and
curteous people. That's important for me.

This list.

--
C. S.