[ltp] Why do you love your ThinkPad?

Bert Haskins linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 07 Jun 2005 10:26:37 -0400

--------------020902090702010009030900

Michelle Klein-Hass wrote:

>>Why do you Love your ThinkpadSSSS

770Z upgraded to 500MHZ 100 FSB
This is my midi box.
I think that the 770s were about the last TPs to support midi in/out.
Yup, I know about the usb midi ports but I don't know how they will work
in Linux.
The package is a musicians dream ( thanks Wes) when paired with a good
electronic piano
and wireless printer setup.
And you don't have to spend a lot of money.

>OK, let me count the ways.
>
>1.) ThinkPads are *built*. Aside from Apple laptops, IBM laptops (and by that
>I mean *true* IBM, not Acer-built crap

390X
Man you struck a nerve with that one.
I have several  "Acer-built crap" 390X boxes running 24/7 in
control/monitoring applications.
Much cheaper and faster to design / implement than using embedded
controllers to do the job.
Reliability has been excellent!.

Probably the best back to school laptop a parent or grandparent (me)
could ask for
   Cheap to buy.
   Cheap to repair.
   Great battery life
   !!!!!!! Can't play 3D games !!!!!!!!

> with an IBM badge slapped on) are the
>best built, most intelligently designed laptops on the planet.

     Amen

>4.) ThinkPads are the best documented laptops in the world,

    Amen,  puts all the other brands to shame.

A30, A31....
Fantastic lcd, great "portable computer" ..... desktop replacement.

--------------020902090702010009030900

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Michelle Klein-Hass wrote:<br>
    <pre wrap="">Why do you Love your ThinkpadSSSS</pre>
770Z upgraded to 500MHZ 100 FSB<br>
This is my midi box.<br>
I think that the 770s were about the last TPs to support midi in/out.<br>
Yup, I know about the usb midi ports but I don't know how they will
work in Linux.<br>
The package is a musicians dream ( thanks Wes) when paired with a good
electronic piano<br>
and wireless printer setup.<br>
And you don't have to spend a lot of money.<br>
    <pre wrap="">
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
OK, let me count the ways.

1.) ThinkPads are *built*. Aside from Apple laptops, IBM laptops (and by that
I mean *true* IBM, not Acer-built crap</pre>
390X<br>
Man you struck a nerve with that one.<br>
I have several&nbsp; "Acer-built crap" 390X boxes running 24/7 in
control/monitoring applications.<br>
Much cheaper and faster to design / implement than using embedded
controllers to do the job.<br>
Reliability has been excellent!.<br>
Probably the best back to school laptop a parent or grandparent (me)
could ask for<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Cheap to buy.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Cheap to repair.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Great battery life<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; !!!!!!! Can't play 3D games !!!!!!!!<br>
&nbsp;<br>
  <pre wrap=""> with an IBM badge slapped on) are the
best built, most intelligently designed laptops on the planet.</pre>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Amen<br>
  <pre wrap="">
4.) ThinkPads are the best documented laptops in the world,</pre>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Amen,&nbsp; puts all the other brands to shame.<br>
  <pre wrap=""> </pre>
A30, A31....<br>
Fantastic lcd, great "portable computer" ..... desktop replacement.<br>

--------------020902090702010009030900--