[ltp] KLaptop and APM recognizing two batteries?

Wed, 8 Jun 2005 09:03:55 +0200

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 16:19:15 +0000, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a new owner of a T20 with two batteries, running Mandriva Linux
> 2005.
>
> Although I can use a battery in either bay, from what I can tell neither
> APM nor KLaptop recognize the combined run time of both batteries.
>
> What to do? Is there something I can do to change which battery is
> recognized without powering down?  Other tips for making life with two
> batteries more pleasant?

There is a patch which adds multiple battery support to the APM driver
of the Kernel, which makes it possible to monitor the state of each
battery. It can be found here:

http://www.vjet.demon.co.uk/dell/dualbat.html

GKrellm has support for monitoring multiple batteries via APM. I don't
know about other tools.

Regards,
Tino