[ltp] Updating BIOS and Embedded Controller from Windows CD install

Wed, 8 Jun 2005 08:30:06 -0400

Well, I managed to *not* save my resuce partition, it seems. At least when I boot "Other" it starts to give some of the strange ASCII characters and then just hangs.

The BIOS and Embedded Controller Programs are not the most current. Is there any problem with reloading the laptop with NT, upgrading the BIOS/ Embeded Controller, and then re-installing Linux?

The T30 is new to me though refurbished from IBM. A new Linux install won't be that difficult as I'm working on Kickstart anyway.  :)

Also, is there any issue with non-IBM RAM being installed? It only has 256M and I'd like more.

ciao!

leam