[ltp] Why do you love your ThinkPad? Request for IBM!

Alejandro Bonilla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 06:50:18 -0600

> Alejandro Bonilla wrote:
> > Sorry,
> >
> >     I have to add that I have the ATI drivers in Linux, so
> I would kiss
> > whoever person in IBM would release at least one model with
> an Nvidia
> > card in it, so that we the Linux users can easily install a
> Driver and
> > gain more 3D.
> >
> >     After all, the new Pentium M or Centrino systems come
> with a PCI-E
> > chipset and that means a 16x video card, which I would hate
> to waste if
> > I could not get to work. Someone in IBM or Lenovo. Please release a
> > system with an nvidia card in it!!! :( (or is there one already?)
> >
> > .Alejandro
>
> G41 3.3GHz with GeForce FX Go5200 and 1400x1050.
>
> Gentoo with nVidia 1.0-7664 driver.
> glxgears at up to 2048FPS;

But this is a P4 = heat !
I'm a power management freak, I cannot loose 1 minute of battery. It is
simply unacceptable for my way of being.
Pentium M is da thing. Well, some may say that AMD64 but...

Anyway, P4 is not there for me. I can get 6 hours in Linux of battery with
the T42 big battery and about 4.5 hours with the normal one. I don't think I
would be able to do this with a AMD64 or P4.

Anyway again, I need, maybe not only me. An IBM Pentium M with the 915P DDR2
533mhz, 1.8ghz/2MB/533, SATA HD, NVIDIA Card, Azalia 6.1 Sound, FingerPrint
reader, SmartLight keyboard (this one notices if you are in a dark room and
then turns on the keyboard depending on how dark the room is) bla bla...

/me screams "IBM, Please release one of these systems! Intel already
released the spec and platform. What's wrong?!!"

I think that we need a marketing IBM guy in this mailing list.

.Alejandro :)