[ltp] T43 on Suse linux? - Model 2687D8U

Greg Macek linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 08 Jun 2005 08:47:43 -0500

Andreas Siegert wrote:
>>I'm upgrading my notebook at work from my T30 to either a T42 or T43,
>
> Recently did the same, from the crappy T30 to a wonderful T42p (2373-4FG).
> The t30 was the worst TP (build quality wise) I ever used (had various
> 600s and a 770 before that since 1997).
> Apart from video out everything I need works (using the radeon Xorg
> module). Still haven't figured out IRDA which works but does not see my
> palm V.
>
> I run SUSE 9.3 on it. Upgraded from 9.2, just swapped the disk from the
> T30 and then did the upgrade.
> If you stay with 9.2, get the Xorg 6.8.2 release from the SUSE ftp server,
> the radeon driver in there is miles better than the one in 6.8.1.
>
> cheers
> afx

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds encouraging. I knew the T42 series
wouldn't be as big of an issue, but I'd love to get the latest and
greatest, since it's there. :) And I'm assuming the video out you're
talking about refers to Composite out, not VGA?

Anyone else actually using a T43 with tips and pointers?