[ltp] T43 on Suse linux? - Model 2687D8U

Tim Prince linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 07:04:18 -0700

On Wednesday 08 June 2005 06:47, Greg Macek wrote:
> Andreas Siegert wrote:
> >>I'm upgrading my notebook at work from my T30 to either a T42 or T43,
> >
> > Recently did the same, from the crappy T30 to a wonderful T42p
> > (2373-4FG).

> > I run SUSE 9.3 on it. Upgraded from 9.2, just swapped the disk from the
> > T30 and then did the upgrade.
> > If you stay with 9.2, get the Xorg 6.8.2 release from the SUSE ftp
> > server, the radeon driver in there is miles better than the one in 6.8.1.
I "upgraded" from SuSE 9.2 to 9.3 on my T40.  Now I can't persuade Knode to
allow me to post to newsgroups.  It complains about my e-mail address.
Obviously, I don't want to post a real e-mail address on a newsgroup, but
Knode won't post from any real or mangled address.  I'm considering going
back to 9.2.
--
Tim Prince