[ltp] Why do you love your ThinkPad? Request for IBM!

Thu, 9 Jun 2005 16:16:40 +0300

--1LKvkjL3sHcu1TtY

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 06:50:18AM -0600, Alejandro Bonilla wrote:
> I'm a power management freak, I cannot loose 1 minute of battery. It is
> simply unacceptable for my way of being.
> Pentium M is da thing. Well, some may say that AMD64 but...
>=20
> Anyway, P4 is not there for me. I can get 6 hours in Linux of battery with
> the T42 big battery and about 4.5 hours with the normal one. I don't thin=
k I
> would be able to do this with a AMD64 or P4.

I get only about 3.5 hours with my T42 (standard battery), even after I
disable Bluetooth/WiFi and turn down the LCD brightness.  I use
laptop-mode and powernowd (well, I use Ubuntu which has those things
installed by default).  How do you get the extra hour?

By the way, I'm happy that I have an ATI card (Mobility M7 LW) in my
laptop.  It gives me full 2D & 3D accel with standard open-source
drivers, and no problems with suspend/resume (other than too high power
usage).

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Many people enjoy Perl, many enjoy Python, some enjoy /bin/tcsh.  The latter
population should however, needless to say, be put into working camps.
        -- viktor on Slashdot

--1LKvkjL3sHcu1TtY

--1LKvkjL3sHcu1TtY--