[ltp] snd-intel8x0 module and sound problems

Matt Quelch linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 09 Jun 2005 19:53:11 +0100

Ignacio Fernández Galván wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 02:33:02 +0200, Osho GG wrote:
>
>> I also noticed that I have to keep the following two muted in the
>> kmix  (or in
>> alsamixer).
>>
>> Headphone Jack Sense
>> Line Jack Sense
>>
>> As long as *both* of the above settings are muted, sound works fine. If I
>> unmute any of these two; sound stops working. By sound stops working,
>> I  mean
>> that mplayer, amarok etc. play songs just fine as if sound is working
>> fine;
>> however I do not hear any sound from the speaker.
>>
>> Any idea what is the problem?
>

> The same happens here, and I've found many other messages out there in
> the  net saying the same thing. I don't know what are those settings
> supposed  to mean, maybe they're broken, just don't use them.

I haven't found out what the problem is, but I'm getting it too. I have
a R40, running 2.6.11.6. Sound was fine with 2.6.6 and everything
previous. Thanks for the hint though, I've set alsamixer to mute those
two settings by default now!

Matt