[ltp] Why do you love your ThinkPad?

Matt Quelch linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 09 Jun 2005 19:58:13 +0100

Paul Cuciureanu wrote:
>  .. let's assume for a second, each of us is one of those people that keep
> ranting on forever about their computers, etc..
>
> Why do you Love your ThinkPad?

I have an R40 that I've had for 1.5 years, and has not had a single
hardware problem, I love the 'old skool' feel of thinkpads, plus the
frankly unsurpassed support IBM give, and the thinklight is very handy
for those late night sessions.

We also use thinkpads at work now, we had Toshiba Satellite Pros before,
and they were awful: full of BIOS problems, battery problems, etc. Only
ever had one problem with a thinkpad at work: the onboard RAM died on my
boss's R40 which we sent back to IBM and they replaced the mobo and sent
it straight back. Very good service!

Matt