[ltp] T43 on Suse linux? - Model 2687D8U

Chris Wilson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 01:23:14 +0200

With Ubuntu almost everything works without changes. Hibernate worked
from the get-go. For software suspend just change a boot parameter and
uncomment a line in /etc/default/acpi-support. The buttons are all
working too.

According to thinkwiki it seems that the fan issue is a linux only
problem. I've barely used Windows on it but i don't recall noticing it
then.

I've got a 2668-75U and it's really nice.

Chris

On 6/9/05, Greg Macek <it-guy@mrichi.com> wrote:
> Do you know why the fan is always on? Is it an issue with the T43 itself
> or just how Linux runs on it? Hopefully it's not too loud. Did you have
> to do a lot of tweaking to get things run or did most everything just
> work "out of the box"?
>=20
> Chris Wilson wrote:
> > I recently got a T43 but am running ubuntu hoary. The fan always on
> > problem is a bit annoying but I hope that will be fixed sometime. I
> > think the T42 has the same problem there.
> >
> > Otherwise, everthing works fine. (Haven't tries the modem however.)
> > Suspend works fine with apm.
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > On 6/8/05, Andreas Siegert <afxml@atsec.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Quoting Greg Macek (it-guy@mrichi.com) on Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 08:47:43=