[ltp] Battery won't charge after emptying

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 11:38:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005, Wookey wrote:

> I left my PSU at work and so used my machine till the battery went flat. It
> didn't sleep/shut down when the battery neared empty, it just stopped.
>
> Since plugging hte power back in the next day (48 hours ago) it has just sat
> there at 1% charged.

> What can I do to make it charge the battery? A mains-only laptop is no fun.

I had an extended battery do that.  IBM replaced it under warranty.  Don't
think I drained it (on purpose) though.

VIRGO:  All Virgos are extremely friendly and intelligent - except
for you.  Expect a big surprise today when you wind up with your
head impaled upon a stick.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_