[ltp] New ati-drivers out there

Alejandro Bonilla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:29:17 -0600

> What video card is in the t43, is it not supported by the latest ATI
> drivers?

T43 has an Intel 9000 Accelerator I think. or a PCI-E ATI x300? It looks
like it was not supported by the new driver. This by looking at the same
document that shows the screenshots of the installer and packaging.

Still, nvidia driver is way better, easier to install and is simply nicer.

I used to not like nvidia, and protect ATI. Now, I ain't giving ATI a cent
more until they make things better or until I have to.

I can even play Doom 3 in my Desktop in Linux. I could do the same thing
with the T43 if it had a 5750 PCI-e 128MB :-)
If you don't like games, you can then be able to use Looking Glass, which
actually, looks really nice. (you can with ATI too)

.Alejandro