[ltp] Re: New ati-drivers out there

Nikias Bassen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:10:48 +0200 (MEST)

Yepp:

I'm running my favorite config for my Xorg: fglrx with direct
rendering enabled, working fine.
When resuming, before switching to X, I restore the state of my
FireGL T2 with vbetool, and then I start an X session with
another serverlayout, without dri:

xinit /bin/true -- `command -v X` :9 -layout fglrestore -auth /dev/null
-audit 0 -nolisten tcp

And the temperature falls to the same level it was when I do a clean boot
of my machine.

My xorg.conf is here:

http://iwear.tzi.de/~nikias/xorg.conf

a bit "untidy" but it works :)