[ltp] Re: New ati-drivers out there

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 11:40:49 -0400

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:22:51 +0200
Konstantin Filtschew <konstantin.filtschew@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why do you all think, that nvidia is better. I try to setup a desktop
> System with suspend and yes it is again a graphic card. This graphic
> card is from NVIDIA and the driver doesn't support suspend!

I've had better luck with Intel video chipsets, actually.  Don't a few
Thinkpads have those?

I have DRI wortking right (finally) with suspend2 here.  Life is sweet. :)

(If you have an older thinkpad with a chipset supported by the open source
ATI drivers, suspend will work there too without too much pain.  I still
have some lockup issues on my X22, though.  Sigh.)

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/