[ltp] Anybody out there with a t42p running ACPI&ATI-Drivers?

Jules Villard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:54:40 +0200

On 6/16/05, Michael Ott <michael@zolnott.de> wrote:
> Hello Steffen!
>=20
> > seems like my problem is a never ending stroy. Does anybody have succes=
> > with the ati-drivers and acpi? If yes, can "you" give me some
> > informations about the kernel config and so on?
> What do you want to do with acpi and the ati graphic card driver.
> Suspend2 and ati make problems and this is the reason i do not use it. I
> tested it about a half year. And i think it is the same with
> suspend-to-ram
>=20

Hello all,

I've got a T42 (2373 WGJ) w/ an ATI, and suspend-to-ram *and*
suspend-to-disk work both very fine on my configuration, even with X
and DRI enabled.
I can't think of anything special I made since last time I tried this
out and it failed, except several kernel switches. I'm now on
2.6.12-rc6 and it works just by echoing 3 or 4 to /proc/acpi/sleep (no
script needed !).

If this is not just a kernel problem, let me now, I will attach
wathever configuration file you want :)

Regards,

Jules