[ltp] T42 Radeon M7 7500

Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:34:09 +0200

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 18:42:48 -0500, Alejandro Bonilla wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>    After some conversations about ati vs nvidia... I want to get 3d
> working here.
> I have 2.6.11, Debian Sid, updated. I created my custom kernel. radeon 7500
>
> dri is one of the modules listed under /etc/X11/XFree86-config
> the driver for the video card is ati and the radeon module of the kernel
> is loaded.
>
> Still, when I do glxinfo | grep direct. It says:
> alejandro:~# glxinfo | grep direct
> direct rendering: No
> OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
>
> Everything under /var/log/Xfree86.log.0 looks fine, no errors and loads
> the modules. The log recognizes the M7
>
> I wonder what I have missing, or what am I doing wrong.

The radeon.o kernel module must be loaded (or built into the kernel).
The MesaGL library should have harware acceleration enabled (in Debian,
the proper package is xlibmesa-gl, which needs xlibmesa-dri for XFree86
DRI drivers).

Other hints why it doesn't work could be found in the log file
/var/log/XFree86.0.log. Further hints can be found at
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/DriTroubleshooting.

Regards,
Tino