[ltp] Accelerated 3D without fglrx

Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:59:30 +0200

Hi folks,

since some people here (myself included) don't like the ATI drivers for
some very good reasons, I tried the r300 driver from r300.sf.net on my
desktop equipped with a Radeon 9600 card. I followed the documentation
and built X.org CVS, Mesa CVS and the r300 driver including a modified
radeon kernel module and just collected some fishes in tuxracer. :-)

There are some known problems with lookups on 9800 cards but maybe it's
worth a try. I don't know about suspend behaviour, since I only have an
old T23 with S3 graphics, but if there are problems, there is at least
a chance to get them fixed since it's open source.

Regards,
Tino