[ltp] Why do you love your ThinkPad?

John Shane linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 08:05:01 +0200

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 00:24:05 +0200
Marcin Trybus <mtrybus@o2.pl> wrote:

> Travis Young wrote:
>
> >That's odd.   My t23 has internal 802.11b.
> >
> >On 6/18/05, Marcin Trybus <mtrybus@o2.pl> wrote:
> >
> No it isn't a bit odd.
> T23 is the most complicated model of the T-series. Look in the service
> manual. It shipped with 13,1 and 14 inch screen in 1024x786 up to
> 1400x(something) resolution, HDD 20..40GB, 256 or 512 MB RAM, CD, DVD or
> Combo drive and AFAIR 7 different CPUs. Some got WLAN, my didn't.
>
> Marcin Trybus

I'd chime in about all the reasons why I love my X30 except that I've just
noticed that the keyboard bezel is breaking for the third time.  It
happens at the same spot right next to the Fn key where the bezel is the
thinnest (the PCMCIA slot makes the bezel quite thin at that point). Anyone
else have that problem?

It's still under warranty and IBM will replace it, again, but I hate to
have a ThinkPad that I have to constantly remind myself to be careful about
how I pick it up. The only thing I can figure out is that if the display is
open and you pick it up holding it from the front left side that the case
flexes enough to stress the bezel and eventually it breaks at the thin
point. Seems like a very uncharacteristic design flaw in an otherwise well
thought out machine.  Makes you feel like a Formula 1 fan at
Indianapolis. :- (   John