[ltp] HD Active Protection chip

Oleg L. Sverdlov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:17:08 +0200

I spoke with Analog representative. They confirmed that it was ADXL320,
but were unable to provide additional  information.

Alejandro Bonilla wrote:

>Yep, We kind of knew this. Check
>http://www.analog.com/en/subCat/0,2879,764%255F800%255F0%255F%255F0%255F,00.
>html

That's good. But we need to know how the device is integrated into
Thinkpad motherboard and how it is mapped in the memory...

>Is there anyone here, that could WILL know what could be needed to get this
>working or to be given to a dev that would want to make a driver for it? The
>data sheet is there, is there a required Programming API?

I suppose it sends data by the same manner as ibm-acpi reads data. If
only I knew more about Linux programming, I would write a program thar
reads all data from known ports and them I'd moved the notebook a little
and saw which ports are changing.

--
Oleg Sverdlov

OLS Software