[ltp] LM_Sensors

Pax linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 20:03:28 +0000

I have just purchased an IBM Thinkpad 570e secondhand. I am planning to install Debian but
have been reading horror stories vis-a-vis I2C and lm_sensors. This being my first laptop
I'm not sure about procedure. Is this something that will install itself and can be run by
accident or does it have to be consciously installed and then run with malice aforethought?
If the former, how do I disable it during install, and if the latter does it appear as I2C
and lm_sensors or can it sneak in under another name? In short, how many chances out of
10 have I got of not trashing my new toy?

Pax