[ltp] Fwd: Linux-Thinkpad digest, Vol 1 #926 - 12 msgs

Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:33:30 -0400

hi - does anyone have any information on getting the mobile radeon on
an R40 to work properly in linux? details below, thx.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: starcycle@gmail.com <starcycle@gmail.com>
Date: Jun 18, 2005 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: Linux-Thinkpad digest, Vol 1 #926 - 12 msgs
To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org

hi - i have an R40 and i can't get the accelerated graphics to work. i
have agpgart, radeon, intel_agp, DRM and the radeon under drm as
modules. they all seem to be loading:

intel_agp              20252  1
radeon                 75776  0
drm                    59412  1 radeon
agpgart                28840  2 intel_agp,drm

(though shouldn't radeon have a 1 next to it, not a 0?)

glxinfo says, "direct rendering: No," and i only get around 250 fps
with glxgears. i don't know what should be normal there, but it seems
like it should be more than 250, right? DVDs and other video will
often throw up a warning message about the number of dropped frames
being too high, system too slow, etc. can anyone walk me through what
i need to do to get my video working right?

appreciate