[ltp] Re: IBM HDAPS Someone interested?

Alejandro Bonilla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 06:50:59 -0600

> Hi!
>
> > > I'm trying to do watch -n1 cat /proc/acpi/ibm/ecdump, But
> I don't have
> > > ecdump. I'm with ibm-acpi 0.8
> > >

> > I was thinking more along the lines of figure out the io port it's
> > using, then boot windows, set an IO breakpoint in softice, then drop
> > your laptop on the bed or something.
>
> It should be enough to tilt your laptop so that it parks
> heads... safer than
> dropping it.
>
> And perhaps easier solution is to locate the sensor on the
> mainboard, and
> trace where it is connected with magnifying glass (as vojtech
> already suggested).
>
> 				Pavel
>
> --
> 64 bytes from 195.113.31.123: icmp_seq=28 ttl=51
> time=448769.1 ms

/proc/acpi/ibm/ecdump is really not providing any information about this
sensor. yesterday, I almost broke the laptop to see if it would generate
anything, but it really only outputs ACPI events...

I shaked it, moved it 90deg and still no result, threw the lappy from like
40cm to the bed and nothing was really generated. Unless it is too fast like
to generate it in the watch or to be seen by human eye. I dunno.

It looks like /ecdump won't do it.

.Alejandro