[ltp] credit fingerprint

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:20:11 -0400 (EDT)

> > 	1. Something you have (card, keyfob, usb dongle)
> > 	2. Something you know (password, phrase, magical incantation)
> > 	3. Something you are (biometric fingerprint, eyeprint, voice)
> >
> > 	Anything else is just not worth investigating.

> What kind of freak would have this 3 security things? This sounds
> like the network or system administrator's hell. I don't know what
> is this security for, but sounds like a movie.

	You do:

	Thinkpad + fingerprint reader (1 and 3 above)
	Password to log into your OS (2 above).

> Something you have sounds like business not-friendly. Imagine
> someone that forgot their card at home. Now, a password and a
> fingerprint sounds good enough.

	Can you make a credit card purchase if you "forgot your card
at home"? No you can't, not even if you know the card number and the
last 4 digits of your social security number. The card is required.

David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com