[ltp] credit fingerprint

Alejandro Bonilla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:56:42 -0600

> Despite this, login-at-a-finger is the coolest feature I've
> seen for years,
> and since I use it, I think I won't be able to live without anymore.

I agree.

> The second coolest app is the IBM Security Suite thing, which
> can store your
> web login/passwords and restore them with a simple touch of
> your finger.
> Naturally login to your webmail with one finger, in front of
> some geeky
> friends, and you'll be the king ;)

This doesn't impress me, even more if you can store passwords everywhere
now. I do like the single sign in to Windows, you only put your finger, and
it does the rest.

> > I do wonder if it would still work if you propperly de-attach the
> > fingerprint reader from the board. :/
>
> I want to believe that the fingerprints IDs are stored in the
> TPM chip rather
> than in the reader itself.

I hope so. I recall some strange behavior when I reinstalled Windows. It
didn't ask for the finger again. And I still don't know if this will work
the same if I don't have windows. after all, You enable the stuff in
Windows...

.Alejandro