[ltp] Fail to burn cd on my T42p

Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:30:44 -0400

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 08:25 -0400, David A. Desrosiers wrote:

> 	Most people don't even have access to floppy diskettes anymore
> (I certainly don't), and I wouldn't even know where to find any these
> days. I'm sure my local Staples and OfficeMax would laugh me out of
> the store for asking for them.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that the local office supply stores
wouldn't have such things.

OfficeMax:

Imation 30-Pack 3.5" Disks.
Item # 20822399 , Style # 46833
$9.99

Staples:

Staples 10-pk 3.5" Double Sided, High Density, PC formatted
Item # 465548
$4.15

Never underestimate the longevity of a format, or of a computer.  I
worked at an office that, in the 1990s, did their mailing lists on one
of these:

http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?st=1&c=105

... and they never seemed to have trouble finding disks or printer
ribbons.

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/